Certified Flight Instructor Instrument
The Certified Flight Instrument Instructor (CFII) Certificate is required to teach others to fly under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). Once you become a CFII you will be able to train individuals toward obtaining an instrument rating as well as provide Instrument Proficiency Checks (IPCs).
Certified Instrument Flight Instructor
As a CFII applicant you will learn from scenarios based on real world experiences while enhancing your own instrument skills flying from the right seat. During your course of training, you will also become proficient teaching flight and ground lessons while developing your own training syllabus.
Below are the eligibility requirements set by the FAA to be eligible to test for the Certified Flight Instrument Instructor CFI-AI practical test:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Hold at least an FAA Commercial Pilot or ATP Certificate
- Hold an Instrument Rating if seeking CFI-Airplane or Instruments
- Obtain at least an FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
- Pass FAA Fundamentals of Instructing Knowledge Test (Written)*
- Pass FAA CFI-I Knowledge Test (Written)
- Pass FAA Practical Test (Oral and Flight)
Below is the minimum required aeronautical experience set forth by the FAA:
- Minimum 15 hours PIC in category and class sought
- 3 hours of practical test preparation*
*All training for the Initial CFI certificate must be with a two-year Certified Flight Instructor.
Here is a list of materials that are needed in preparation for your initial Certified Flight Instructor Certificate (CFI-A):
- FAA Aviation Instructor's Handbook
- FAA Instrument Flying Handbook
- FAA Instrument Procedures Handbook
- ASA Flight Instructor PTS & Oral Exam Guide
Adding an Instrument rating to your Certified Flight Instructor Certificate will open up a whole new set of skills to teach your clients. To get started, you just need to schedule a first lesson with one of our instructors. We will sit down with you to explain the program flight and ground lessons that will need to be covered. From there, you will walk away with a great understanding of what you need to do and plenty of homework to get started.
We invite you to contact us today to get started!